This lemon tart with rosemary crust is simple, tangy and creamy. Low sugar, made with wholesome spelt flour, rosemary and fresh lemons.
I love this lemon tart because it’s light and creamy. Tangy, but not too sweet. The recipe uses nutty spelt flour and fresh rosemary leaves in the crust, Greek yogurt and fresh lemon juice for the filling. If you’re looking for the perfect lemon dessert for your holiday table, stop right here.
Delightful. Simple. Lemon Tart with Rosemary Crust from fresh and wholesome ingredients with little sugar. But creamy with big flavor.
And the crust… Well. Here you go.
Lemon Tart with Rosemary Crust
For the Crust:
- 1 ⅓ cup spelt flour
- 3 Tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-2 Tablespoons ice water
For the Filling:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, Not non-fat
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice, about 3-4 lemons
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly butter a 9-inch tart pan and set aside.
Make the crust:
- Place 1 ⅓ cup flour, 3 Tablespoons sugar, 1 Tablespoon rosemary, and pinch of salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times. Add ⅓ cup butter and pulse until little pea sized bits start to form. Add in 1-2 Tablespoons ice water, starting with just 1 Tablespoon. Pulse a few more times, then check the dough to see if it holds together when pressed between your fingers. If not, add 2nd Tablespoon. The dough may still seem crumbly, but as long a it holds together when pressed, it will be perfect.
- Dump the dough out into the prepared tart pan. Starting from the center, work your way out to the sides by pressing the dough firmly into the pan. Make sure you press it up along the sides evenly. Pierce the bottom with a fork a few times and place in the oven to bake for about 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes before filling.
Make the Filling:
- Place 1 cup yogurt and ½ cup sugar in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Whisk in 2 eggs, one at a time, then add ½ cup lemon juice and ½ teaspoon zest. Whisk until smooth and everything is evenly combined.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake in the oven for 23-28 minutes or until the center is set and only slightly jiggles when shaken lightly.
- Allow to cool completely then place in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Tart can be made the day before and kept covered and chilled in the fridge. Serve with fresh whipped cream if you’d like your tart a bit sweeter.
Recipe adapted from Sacramento Street.