Zucchini Carrot Banana Bread or The BEST banana bread
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 1 teaspoon butter to grease loaf pan
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled or at least softened
- 2 bananas mashed ~1 cup
- 1 cup grated zucchini about 1 cup loose, not packed
- 1 cup grated carrots also loose, not packed
- 1/4 cup either full fat sour cream or Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Butter a 9"x5" loaf pan and then dust with flour (I used dark non-stick pan)
In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the sugars, eggs, coconut oil, mashed bananas for about 3 minutes on medium speed to fully incorporate and smooth as much as possible. Turn mixer to low and add grated zucchini, grated carrots, sour cream (or yogurt), and vanilla.
Fold in flour mixture and just mix until combined. Using a rubber spoon, add the walnuts and scrape down the pan.
Pour the batter into prepared pan.
Bake on middle rack for 50-60 minutes (50 was PERFECT) until toothpick comes out clean.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 1855IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.9mg