Almond Joy Smoothie
The quantities here are to be used as a guide for the Almond Joy Smoothie. Add more or less or whatever you want, however, don't skip the spinach! I promise you won't even know it's here.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 cup spinach a big handful will do
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract optional
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 frozen banana cut in half
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Optional: 2 tablespoons honey or sweeten to taste with your favorite sweetener
Add ingredients to jar of blender in the order listed and secure lid.
Blend for about 50 seconds on a medium speed until smooth.
For Blendtec owners, select "Smoothie" cycle.
- If wanting to add extra sweetness to the smoothie, be sure to taste first and add just a little honey or monk fruit, Stevia, or sugar. Be especially careful with Stevia as it's incredibly sweet.
- If you don't have coconut extract, it's not necessary but if you're wanting to ramp up the coconut flavor, be sure to use coconut milk rather than almond milk, and add a little cream of coconut to taste.
Serving: 8oz | Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 313mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 720IU | Vitamin C: 4.7mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 1.5mg