Quick Corn Spoonbread
For this quick spoon bread, use Krusteaz brand Southern Corn Muffin mix. There are other corn muffin mixes out there, but Krusteaz has the most natural ingredients with no hydrogenated anything. (No compensation or sponsorship by Krusteaz)
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 11.5 ounce package Krusteaz Corn Muffin Mix (Remove 1/2 cup of the mix before incorporating with other ingredients)
- 1 15- oz. can cream style corn
- 1 15- oz. can whole kernel corn drained
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream not light
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Add 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1 teaspoon dried chives
Preheat oven to 350F degrees and generously grease a 2-quart casserole dish with butter.
Remove 1/2 cup of the Krusteaz Corn Muffin Mix and discard or save for another use. In a large bowl, add the remaining (8.5 oz) of the mix along with all the other ingredients and stir until well mixed.
Add the cheese and chives, if using and give another quick stir. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
Bake 40-45 minutes, until the spoonbread is set and the top just begins to crack.
Serve warm for best flavor. Either right out of the oven, or reheat in a 200F degree oven for 15 minutes.