This is a quick and delicious salsa that's great with fish tacos or chips.
Servings: 4 1/2 cups
- 2 cups chopped mangoes about 2 medium mangoes
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped pineapple optional
- 2 ⁄3 cup chopped green onion may substitute red onion
- 1 ⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from one lime
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium fresh jalapeno minced
Mix mangoes, pineapple, pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil together in large bowl.
Add jalapeno to taste. Adding the ribs and seeds will make the salsa more hot, but even if you want this mild, add a couple ribs and at least 1/4 teaspoon of the seeds. This will not add too much heat and will bring all the flavors together.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow all ingredients to marinade together.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week.