Guilt-Free Lettuce Wraps
This is a measure-free recipe. Quantities of each ingredient are to your liking. You can make this vegan as the recipe lists, or change out the soy crumbles for ground meat of your choice. This is a really fun, fresh "taco" kind of meal.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 6-7 grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 7-8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cubed
- Handful soy bean sprouts
- 1 package Boca soy crumbles
- 1 Tablespoon Grape-seed or oil of your choice to coat pan
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of Sriracha. tabasco or red chili sauce (optional)
- One head iceberg or butter lettuce, leaves separated, cleaned and dried
Brown potatoes in a non-stick pan on medium heat for about 5 minutes, cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5-7 minutes more.
Stir in carrots, soy crumbles and cook about 3 more minutes.
Mix in rest of vegetables. Sprinkle mixture with some sesame oil and soy sauce.
Continue to sauté until all veggies reach desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter; mound veggies in the center and eat like a taco.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 727mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5895IU | Vitamin C: 39.7mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1.5mg