Mushroom Linguine with Lemon, Garlic and Thyme
This meal requires no cooking other than boiling the pasta so it's perfect when you need something delicious but quick. Great packed in lunches, as this can be eaten hot, warm or cold.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time22 mins
- 4 cups 8 ounces cleaned and finely sliced cremini or button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme stripped to give about 1 teaspoon leaves
- 8 ounces linguine or other pasta shape
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cook linguine or other pasta according to package directions. As the pasta is cooking:
In a large bowl, add olive oil, salt, garlic, lemon juice and zest, the gorgeously scented thyme leaves.
Wipe mushrooms very clean. Since you aren't cooking the mushrooms, any gritty dirt will be easier to taste if not cleaned well. Finely slice the mushrooms and add them into bowl with olive oil mixture.
When pasta is al dente, loosely drain retaining just a bit of water.
Quickly put the pasta into the bowl with the mushroom mixture.
Toss everything together well, then add the parsley, cheese and pepper before tossing again.
Serve immediately, or let come to room temperature OR refrigerate for a cold pasta to be served within 24 hours.