Vegetable and Quinoa Salad
This salad is a perfect vegan dish. You can also add feta or fresh mozzarella but it doesn't need it!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- Salad ingredients
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas thawed
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper about 1 pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Dash salt
- Good dash black pepper
- Optional 1 cup diced or crumbled feta cheese or cut mini fresh mozzarella cheese
Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off and leave the covered saucepan on the burner for 6 more minutes. Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa. Set aside and allow to cool.
Combine the zucchini, tomatoes, onion, peas and red and yellow pepper in a large bow.
Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and thoroughly mix all the ingredients. Add the quinoa and mixt until evenly combined. If you include feta or mozzarella, add that now and stir until just combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.