Quinoa and Pumpkin Seed Granola
- ½ cup quinoa rinsed and drained (Do not pre-cook. The quinoa will toast in the oven)
- ½ raw pumpkin seeds pepitas
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup pecan halves broken in half or large pieces
- ¼ cup whole flaxseeds
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ cup dried cherries cranberries, dried blueberries, or raisins (One or any combination)
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. In a large bowl combine first four ingredients (through flaxseeds). In a small bowl microwave the honey until its warm and easy to pour. Stir in oil, cinnamon, and salt. Pour over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Spread in a 15 x 10-inch baking pan.
Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice.
Stir in dried fruit. Spread granola on a large sheet of foil; cool completely.
Break up any large pieces. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.001g | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 251IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg