Mediterranean Shrimp Dinner - One Pan Recipe
The shrimp will bake to perfection with this method, not over or under-cooked, just watch the color for doneness. Also a yummy side dish, just leave off the shrimp! But speaking of shrimp, be sure to get good quality large (20-30) or extra large (15-20) shrimp.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time32 minutes mins
Total Time42 minutes mins
Course: One pan
Servings: 4 -6
Author: Good Dinner Mom
- 4 to 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced ½ inch thick
- 2 fennel bulbs, stalks discarded, bulbs halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges through stem end
- 2 large shallots, top and bottom cut off, sliced lengthwise into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and cut in half
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 pounds large or jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined (if desired), and tails removed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus lemon wedges for serving
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (½ cup)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 450F degrees. Toss 4-5 sliced potatoes, 2 cut fennel, 2 sliced shallots, 2 garlic,½ cup kalamata olives, 2 Tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Spread vegetables in single layer on rimmed baking sheet and roast until just tender, about 25 minutes.
Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Toss 1-2 pounds shrimp, 2 teaspoons oregano, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, remaining 1 Tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper together in bowl.
Scatter shrimp and 4 ounces feta over top of roasted veggies and olives. Return to oven and roast until shrimp are cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons parsley over top and drizzle extra oil.
Serve with lemon wedges.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 660mg | Potassium: 1269mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 38.2mg | Calcium: 283mg | Iron: 7.3mg