Fruit Salad Medley
Cut the melon pieces into large chunks, or if you have the time use a melon baller for pretty presentation.
Servings: 8 cups
- 3 cups cantaloupe cut into bite-size chunks (about 1/2 a regular cantaloupe)
- 3 cups watermelon cut into bite-size chunks (about 1 baby seedless watermelon)
- 2 cups green or red grapes or combination
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Juice from one lime
- ½ chopped jalapeno pepper with or without seeds, more or less to taste
- Grated lime peel from one lime grate the skin from the lime you will juice before juicing
- 2 kiwis peeled and sliced
In a resealable plastic bag, combine the cantaloupe, watermelon and grapes.
In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, honey and lime juice. Stir in the jalapeno and lime peel.
Pour over the fruit. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible, and turn to coat.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Just before serving, add the peeled and sliced kiwi to the salad, tossing with the dressing to coat.
Serve with a slotted spoon.
Optionally, you could cut the melon into balls with a melon baller, but this takes longer and the contrast of the chunky melon pieces with the round grapes makes a nice presentation.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 0.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.05g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 338mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 2670IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg