Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
Make these Jalapeno Deviled Eggs as mild or as hot as you want by customizing the amount of seed and ribs from the fresh jalapenos.
Servings: 12 halves
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper,, minced (add seeds and ribs if you want heat)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos. These are available in mild and hot variety
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 fresh sliced jalapeno pepper for garnish
- Extra cilantro leaves for garnish
- Chopped chives for garnish
Halve the eggs lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks and place in a small bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork. Add jalapeno pepper and all ingredients through the black pepper. Taste and add more salt or black pepper, to taste.
Spoon mixture into hollowed out egg whites.
Garnish with fresh jalapeno slices, cilantro leaves and/or chopped chives. For extra color and heat, you could sprinkle more cayenne pepper over the top.
Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 0.3g | Vitamin A: 191IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.5mg