Fried Rice Frittata
Use traditional Fried Rice ingredients for this healthy frittata or whatever you have in the refrigerator. Skip the soy sauce to make this gluten-free. Great hot or cold as lunch leftovers.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, instant rice is fine (cook in broth of choice for best flavor)
- Handful of each of the following:
- Fresh sliced mushrooms
- Rough diced carrots
- Green onions, white and greens
- Green peas
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce or Tamari
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce. This will not make the frittata hot, but may be omitted
- Have extra fresh mushrooms and onions on hand for serving on the side
- If wanting to serve as Egg Foo Young, prepare your favorite brown gravy and keep warm.
Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
In a 10 or 12 inch non-stick skillet (I used 12 inch, but if you want your frittata thicker, use a smaller skillet), heat the oil over medium heat. Add carrots, mushrooms and green onions. Saute until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, pepper, soy sauce and hot sauce. Pour egg mixture into skillet and make sure vegetable and rice are evenly distributed.
Transfer skillet to the oven and bake 15-18 minutes, or until set and top begins to golden.
Remove from oven, cut as desired and serve immediately with extra vegetables and sauce of your choice.
- Use whatever vegetables you have on hand. This recipe is also delicious with asparagus, or bell peppers.
- If you're looking for a Keto or low carb option, substitute riced cauliflower for the brown rice.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 432mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg