Strawberry Avocado Salad
Fresh and visually vibrant, make Strawberry Avocado Salad in a matter of minutes. Chill for an hour and serve. Replace the jicama with tart apples, if you like.
- 1 cup diced sweet strawberries
- 1 medium ripe but firm avocado, diced
- ½ cup jicama, peeled and finely diced (replace with a tart apple, if desired)
- Juice from 2 or 3 limes, about 4 Tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
In a medium bowl, gently toss strawberries, avocado and jicama. Juice lime over mixture, add maple syrup or honey.
Taste for desired flavor and add more lime juice and/or syrup to taste.
Refrigerate for one hour. Serve with shortbread cookies, chips or crackers or a a side salad or snack.
Makes 2 ½ to 3 cups.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 81IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg