Red Pepper Jalapeno Cheese Dip
Adjust the heat level on this fresh dip by using more or less of the jalapeno seeds and membranes.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (include seeds and membranes)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium tomato, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Heat olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat. Add jalapeno, red bell pepper and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a blender or food processor, add pepper mixture, cream cheese, tomato, smoked paprika and salt.
Blend until smooth. Taste and season with additional salt if necessary.
May serve immediately or chill up to 24 hours before serving.
Serve with raw vegetables, crackers, chips or baguette slices.
Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 64mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 590IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.2mg