Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing
This easy tomato vinaigrette goes great with Mexican meals as a salad topper or even as a tangy and sweet "salsa".
- 1 15- oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar a fruity one like raspberry or pomegranate are excellent choices
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Sriracha or other hot sauce to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place the tomatoes, undrained in the bowl of a food-processor or blender and pulse till chunky.
Pour the tomato puree into a small sauce pan. Add brown sugar and stir. Heat the tomatoes over medium high heat till they begin to boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and let tomatoes reduce down till you have a thick "paste". About 10-15 minutes. This should reduce down until you have just over 1/2 cup.
In a small bowl, combine the tomato reduction with Balsamic vinegar, olive oil and water. Whisk together and then add a dash (or more) of sriracha, dried oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or keep tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.