Porridge in the Instant Pot
My favorite porridge to use for this recipe is Potter's Porridge by The Bread Brothers. You can use any porridge or steel cut oats as indicated in the ingredients list
For the porridge or oatmeal
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup porridge or steel cut oats
- 2 cups water
Finish with toppings of choice
- fresh raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries
- honey, agave, or brown sugar to taste
- chopped nuts
- milk of choice
Place 1 teaspoon coconut oil or butter into Instant Pot or other stovetop pressure cooker. Add 2/3 cup porridge or steel cut oats. Add 2 cups water and give a quick stir.
Seal Instant Pot, set cook time on manual to 15 minutes on High. After pressure has been reached and cook time ends, do a quick release. Remove lid only when you can freely turn it and then stir oats again. Porridge will continue to thicken as it sits.
Divide cooked porridge into individual bowls and serve with desired fruits, nuts, sweetener, and milk. Get creative and add any fruit, or granola, if desired.
Other delicious toppings include chia seeds, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, dried barberries or raisins.
- If you can't find Potter's Porridge and want to duplicate the ingredients as close as possible in this recipe, combine 1/2 cup each of steel cut oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and quinoa. Place in an air-tight container and scoop our 2/3 cup to place in your Instant Pot when making this recipe.
- Nutrition values are shown without toppings. Use whatever toppings you like or none at all.
- Any cooked porridge that's leftover can be refrigerated for one day and reheated to enjoy again the next morning.
Serving: 0.5cup cooked | Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Fiber: 2g | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1.1mg