Baked Ricotta with Lemon, Thyme, and Parmesan Cheese
Baked Ricotta makes a fabulous dip that tastes incredible but is basically a stir and bake recipe. You can increase any of the mix-ins that you like or even leave a few out. Best served hot and out of the oven but leftovers taste just as delicious.
Servings: 8 people
- 15 oz. Ricotta Cheese, whole milk
- 2 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 3 tbsp shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes plus more to dust the top
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh bread or toasted crostini for serving
Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Spoon into baking dish or 9-inch oven-safe skillet. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbling and just slightly golden. (Oil will float to the top a bit. This is totally fine.)
Remove from oven and sprinkle with extra fresh thyme leaves and more red pepper flakes, for presentation. Serve with bread.
- This dip can be assembled a day ahead of baking and refrigerated, except for the extra-virgin olive oil. If making ahead of time, stir in the oil just before baking and bake for an extra 5 minutes.
- If you have time and the desire, sauté' the garlic and shallots in 1/2 teaspoon of oil just until they soften and start to turn golden. Then add with the other ingredients before baking.
- If you have leftovers, the dip is easily reheated the next day and served with great results. The dip might not look as smooth and may be a bit thicker upon reheating but still tastes amazing.
- Other uses for this dip include as a sandwich spread for roast beef or salmon sandwiches, or on thick crusty bread with slices of onions and cucumbers.
Serving: 0.33cup | Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 386mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 409IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 1mg