Pasta Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This recipe gets better as it sits and can be made a day ahead of serving. Start by adding about half of the dressing and add more to your liking. I usually use all of it, though. Use Parmesan cheese, or feta, or both!
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 -10
- For the dressing:
- 1 7 oz. jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup light olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt And Pepper to taste
- For the salad:
- 16 ounces sprial pasta of choice rotini is a good one
- 3/4 cup black or kalamata olives or favorite olives of your choice, rough chopped
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves chopped or julienne sliced
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup Feta cheese optional, in place of the Parmesan or in addition.
In a blender or food processor (my preference), combine sundried tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, and vinegar until tomatoes are chopped. Continue blending while drizzling in olive oil until mixed well.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until no longer hot.
Pour 2/3 of the dressing over the pasta. Add olives and toss together. Add remaining ingredients, tossing together and adding more dressing until the salad is coated to your liking (I use it all).
Serve on a big platter with an extra sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
This is an excellend side pasta but is substantial enough to be a meatless main dish.