Green Beans in Dill Walnut Sauce
The crunch of crisp beans with this dressing made with dill, walnuts, lemon juice and olive oil make this a great side dish or salad to any meal, any time of year.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch scallions, white bulbs and green stalks, rough diced
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced as you like
Heat a large pot of water to boiling. Add the green beans and boil until crisp-tender. Drain immediately, then immerse in a large bowl of ice water to prevent further cooking and to retain bright green color. Set aside.
For the sauce: Place the scallions, dill, parsley, walnuts, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. With the machine running, pour the olive oil in a thin steady stream through the feed tube to make a thick green sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Drain the beans and dry with paper towel. Todd the beans with the dressing in a mixing bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes for a beautiful color contrast. Transfer the beans to a flat serving bowl.
Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.