This Deviled Ham spread is perfect for leftover ham or can be used with any good deli ham. Great served on crackers or toast and is a fantastic sandwich spread on crusty bread.
Servings: 1 1/2 cups
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped country ham or good deli ham
- 4 ounces room-temperature cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce Frank's Wing Sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Suggested uses: Serve with crackers or toast as an appetizer or also makes a delicious sandwich spread on sourdough bread.
Pulse 8 ounces coarsely chopped country ham or good deli ham in a food processor until finely chopped.
Transfer to a large bowl and add all the remaining ingredients except salt and black pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste being careful not to overly salt the mixture.
Serve immediately or refrigerate up to two days for serving on crackers or toast. Also makes a great sandwich spread on sourdough bread.
Cook's note: The hot sauce will not add heat to the mixture, it adds a much needed brightness. If you like, add a dash at a time but I highly recommend adding it. The cayenne will definitely add a kick, so use less or leave out if you like.