Roasted Red Pepper Dip with Walnuts and Thyme
Heart healthy red peppers and walnuts are quickly blended with garlic and thyme for this easy, brightly flavorful dip.
- ⅔ cup walnuts
- 1- 16 oz. jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds, optional
- 1 clove garlic
- Leaves from 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
Place all ingredients into a food processor. Puree until smooth.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving or overnight.
Serve with crudités, chips or whatever you like.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.001g | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.3g | Vitamin A: 53IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.4mg