Look. At. This. Beauty! The rich, red color alone should make your mouth water and your fingers itch to grab a cracker, carrot stick or… some of you are just going to stick in your finger, so you can see if the flavor matches the intense color. Let me tell you, it does and then some. Red peppers from a jar! Plus walnuts, thyme, cayenne and garlic come together easily right here:
Include some chia seeds if you’ve got ’em, a splash of cider vinegar and olive oil. In a food processor, just process until smooth. What could be easier than that? The cayenne gives just enough heat and everything else adds freshness.
Cook’s note: This dip is amazing as a spread for grilled turkey burgers!
Roasted Red Pepper Dip with Walnuts and Thyme
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 1 16 oz. jar roasted red bell peppers drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds optional
- 1 clove garlic
- Leaves from 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving or overnight.
- Serve with crudités, chips or whatever you like.
Recipe adapted from one of my favorite blogs, Eighty Twenty.