Shrimp Appetizers with Crab Stuffing
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time26 mins
Total Time46 mins
Servings: 12 appetizers
- 12 jumbo shrimp
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound lump crab meat picked over for shells
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Lemon wedges
- Optional homemade cocktail sauce:
- Ketchup to taste
- Prepared horseradish to taste
- Jalapeno pepper minced and to taste
Spray a 9 x 13 or other large baking pan with cooking spray.
Peel, devein and carefully butterfly shrimp. Open shrimp and arrange on baking sheet or pan.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in sauce pan and sauté onion, green pepper and celery until tender.
In medium bowl, combine crab meat, bread crumbs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper and egg. Stir in the sautéed vegetables.
Top each shrimp with a good tablespoon of crabmeat mixture. Sprinkle with paprika, crushed red pepper flakes and drizzle melted butter over shrimp.
Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Then turn oven on Broil and cook for additional 6 minutes.
Sprinkle parsley on shrimp and serve hot with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce, if you like.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 522mg | Potassium: 149mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 7.9mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 0.9mg