Peanut Sauce Recipe
I've listed regular and gluten-free ingredients for this recipe. This peanut sauce recipe works great for Chinese chicken salad, chicken satay, or your favorite tossed salad.
Servings: 2 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, regular or low-sodium **
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, not the type that needs stirring. Skippy Natural works well
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar or unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup canola oil, expeller pressed is best
- ** for Gluten-free peanut sauce, use tamari in place of the soy sauce
In a blender, process the soy sauce (OR tamari), peanut butter, vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper until combined. Add the sesame oil and canola and blend until smooth.
Serve immediately or keep refrigerated up to a week before using.