Here’s a quick and easy Peanut Sauce Recipe that’s perfect for any Asian Salad or Chicken Satay. Regular and gluten-free version.
This is the best peanut sauce recipe ever! Using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, this sauce works as a dressing for any Asian salad (see my Chinese Chicken Salad coming up next. You won’t want to miss it), plus it works with Chicken Satay or a regular tossed green salad or cabbage slaw. Besides perfect, complex flavor, the recipe blends together in a matter of a few minutes and you’re ready to go. Make it today and keep it on hand to use during the week. Note: Regular and gluten-free version is given.
Peanut Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup soy sauce, regular or low-sodium **
- ½ cup peanut butter, not the type that needs stirring. Skippy Natural works well
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar or unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup canola oil, expeller pressed is best
** For Gluten-Free Peanut Sauce:
- Use Tamari in place of the soy sauce
- In a blender, process ½ cup soy sauce (OR tamari), ½ cup peanut butter, ½ cup vinegar, 2 chopped garlic, 2 Tablespoons ginger, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper until combined. Add 2 Tablespoons sesame oil and 1 cup canola and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated up to a week before using.
Leave a Reply