This is the best peanut sauce recipe ever! Using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, this sauce works as a dressing for any Asian salad (see my Chinese Chicken Salad coming up next. You won’t want to miss it), plus it works with Chicken Satay or a regular tossed green salad or cabbage slaw. Besides perfect, complex flavor, the recipe blends together in a matter of a few minutes and you’re ready to go. Make it today and keep it on hand to use during the week. Note: Regular and gluten-free version is given.
Peanut Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, regular or low-sodium **
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, not the type that needs stirring. Skippy Natural works well
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar or unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup canola oil, expeller pressed is best
- ** for Gluten-free peanut sauce, use tamari in place of the soy sauce
- In a blender, process the soy sauce (OR tamari), peanut butter, vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper until combined. Add the sesame oil and canola and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated up to a week before using.