Cream corn turns just plain old corn into a very special side dish. Plus, this can be whipped up in less than ten minutes.
Do you have someone who loves corn, but you haven’t been including it with your holiday or Sunday Dinner side dishes because it’s just plain old corn and you don’t have time to add One.More.Thing? Well read on. This recipe for cream corn is ready from start to finish in less than 10 minutes and turns plain ol’ corn into something really special. Between the sweet corn, silky cream cheese and garlic-y fresh chives, your guests will think this is just right. Add this colorful bite to add to your holiday meal. It whips together so quick and easy, you could designate someone at the stove to make it while all the other dishes are being set at the table.
Silky, creamy and flavorful. I know I mentioned that already, but how about one more picture, in case you aren’t sure about that. And using frozen corn is essential. Don’t even think of using canned. The frozen corn is fresh-off-the-cob flavorful and crunchy. A treat for sure.
- 1 -10 ounce package frozen corn kernels
- ¼ to ½ cup whole milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 2 Tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, simmer the corn and ¼ cup milk over medium heat until corn is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 ounces cream cheese and stir while continuing to cook, another 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir until cheese has fully melted and sauce is thick and creamy. Add more milk if you want it less thick.
- Stir in 2 Tablespoons fresh chives.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- Alternately, this is better when served immediately but it may be made ahead and reheated before serving, but you may need to add more milk when reheating.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart Living, March 2008.
brynn c says
Great taste and all the kids had seconds! I doubled the recipe to make sure I had enough. Thanks for recipe!
jane h says
I first had this recipe at my mom’s when she made it to go along with our grilled chicken. We couldn’t stop eating this. Even the picky eaters in the family loved this. It is so YUMMY and easy to make! I will never buy canned cream corn again!!! highly recommend!! Thank you Sally 🙂
judy wiiliams says
This recipe is FANTASTIC! It is the best creamed corn I have ever had. I followed the recipe exactly and it is perfect. My husband won’t eat corn, but he actually loved this! Thanks for such a great recipe Sally. Definately a make again!!
Can’t wait to try this one! I loved creamed corn as a kid.