Craving something healthy and fresh, with lots of satisfying flavor? And you don’t want to make a big mess or waste a lot of prep time, either? Well here you go…
Grilled Greek Avocados are great cooked on the grill or in the oven and they need just 5 minutes! A nice, ripe avocado is so creamy and good for you. Top it quickly with sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and of course, feta cheese.
These are a great side dish for just about anything… chicken, salmon, eggs-over-easy. Or make them to have as a satisfying snack.
- 2 ripe avocados
- The ingredients that follow are approximate measures. Just use as you'd like
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle, optional
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- Feta cheese for sprinkling
- Black pepper to taste
- Dried oregano to taste
- Slice the avocado and score the flesh two ways, careful not to cut through peel.
- Drizzle just a little olive oil, if desired. Try some flavored olive oils for variety.
- Rough chop the sun-dried tomatoes and kalamata olives. Spoon desired amount onto each avocado.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, black pepper and oregano.
- Place on barbecue or in 350 degree oven for 5 - 8 minutes. The toppings should not toast (or burn!). You just want the avocados and toppings to warm.
- Serve right from oven or at room temperature.
Adapted from Tamilee Tips.