Grilled Greek Avocados are quick and easy. Topped with feta, sun-dried tomatoes and olives, these will satisfy any craving for Mediterranean fare.
Craving something healthy and fresh, with lots of satisfying flavor? And you don’t want to make a big mess or waste a lot of prep time, either? Well here you go…
Grilled Greek Avocados are great cooked on the grill or in the oven and they need just 5 minutes! A nice, ripe avocado is so creamy and good for you. Top it quickly with sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and of course, feta cheese.
These are a great side dish for just about anything… chicken, salmon, eggs-over-easy. Or make them to have as a satisfying snack.
Grilled Greek Avocados
- 2 ripe avocados
- The ingredients that follow are approximate measures. Just use as you'd like:
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle, optional
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- Feta cheese for sprinkling
- Black pepper, to taste
- Dried oregano, to taste
- Slice 2 avocado and score the flesh two ways, careful not to cut through peel.
- Drizzle just a little olive oil, if desired. Try some flavored olive oils for variety.
- Rough chop ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes and ¼ cup kalamata olives. Spoon desired amount onto each avocado.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, black pepper and oregano.
- Place on barbecue or in 350 degree oven for 5 - 8 minutes. The toppings should not toast (or burn!). You just want the avocados and toppings to warm.
- Serve right from oven or at room temperature.
Adapted from Tamilee Tips.
kameron mills says
Sure was delicious! I think this a wonderful idea to do something different with an avocado instead of the same old boring guac.
callie p says
This was so good! I love the addition of feta.
meghan s says
These were fantastic! Makes for a nice lite, fresh lunch. I added chopped scallions but other than that I followed the directions as written and it was perfect! Thank you Sally!
Delicious, easy and healthy! I made these for a recent gathering and they were a huge hit! I added a drizzle of balsamic glaze to each one before serving.
bree hammond says
Very good. I’m always looking for something different, healthy and quick for lunch. Tasted great!