Juicy Chili Burger with Avocado Aioli makes one flavorful burger. Chili powder, cumin and cilantro go into the burgers and the avocado aioli is creamy.
This recipe for Juicy Chili Burger with Avocado Aioli is one of my family’s favorite burgers on the grill! (Or under the broiler.) Get high quality ground beef or chuck. Then season these beauties with chili powder, cumin and a touch of fresh cilantro to create moist and juicy burgers that will please anyone. My husband and I like ours sans-bread, but of course you can dress them however you like. But whatever you put on your burger, be sure to try the Avocado Aioli recipe included below for a truly one of a kind meal. This is a great Paleo-friendly meal with grilled vegetables. Just skip the dairy in the avocado sauce.
Grill up some vegetables with the burgers and this is also one easy meal with minimal clean-up.
Juicy every time, I’ve made these on the grill or under the broiler in my oven so they can be savored any time of year.
Juicy Grilled Burgers with Avocado Aioli
- 2 pounds ground beef or chuck at least 80%
- ¼ to ½ cup minced fresh cilantro to your liking
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook's Note: If substituting ground turkey for the beef add 1/2 cup finely crushed tortilla chips to the turkey
For Avocado Aioli
- 2 ripe avocados
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- Juice from one fresh lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Add seasonings and cilantro to beef and mix well with hands. Grill as desired.
- For avocado sauce, mash avocadoes in a bowl. Squeeze lime over avocados and mix well with a fork. Add yogurt and mayonnaise (you can use all Greek yogurt or all mayo if that is your preference with good results, as well) and cumin.
- Mix well and refrigerate until serving. Keeps in fridge for 2 days.
Recipe adapted from Tillamook Cheese Cookbook