Juicy Chili Burger with Avocado Aioli makes one flavorful burger. Chili powder, cumin and cilantro go into the burgers and the avocado aioli is creamy.
This recipe for Juicy Chili Burger with Avocado Aioli is one of my family’s favorite burgers on the grill! (Or under the broiler.) Get high quality ground beef or chuck. Then season these beauties with chili powder, cumin and a touch of fresh cilantro to create moist and juicy burgers that will please anyone. My husband and I like ours sans-bread, but of course you can dress them however you like. But whatever you put on your burger, be sure to try the Avocado Aioli recipe included below for a truly one of a kind meal. This is a great Paleo-friendly meal with grilled vegetables. Just skip the dairy in the avocado sauce.
Grill up some vegetables with the burgers and this is also one easy meal with minimal clean-up.
Juicy every time, I’ve made these on the grill or under the broiler in my oven so they can be savored any time of year.
Juicy Grilled Burgers with Avocado Aioli
- 2 pounds ground beef or chuck, at least 80%
- ¼ to ½ cup minced fresh cilantro, to your liking
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- If substituting ground turkey for the beef add ½ cup finely crushed tortilla chips to the turkey
For Avocado Aioli:
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice from one fresh lime
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Combine 2 pounds beef, ¼-½ cup cilantro, 4 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and mix well with hands. Grill as desired.
For the Avocado Aioli:
- Mash 2 avocados in a bowl. Squeeze lime over avocados and mix well with a fork. Add ⅓ cup yogurt and ⅓ cup mayonnaise (you can use all Greek yogurt or all mayo if that is your preference with good results, as well) and 1 teaspoon cumin, and ½ teaspoon salt. More to taste.
- Mix well and refrigerate until serving. Keeps in fridge for 2 days.
Recipe adapted from Tillamook Cheese Cookbook
samantha w says
These were SO good! We love burgers in our house and have them at least once a week (sometimes more) and this is my new favorite way to have a burger. Your Hawaiian burger is top on my list already but this aioli sauce might bump it down a few slots lol.
april sparks says
Oh my goodness! So amazing. Even my picky eater of a husband really enjoyed them. Thank you Sally! I really enjoy your site and trying new recipes.
sam grey says
Ooohhh these look good. Cant wait to try with the Aioli!
The avocado sauce is killer! I make it all the time since you gave me the recipe. Yummy 🙂
I remember how much you liked it, my foodie sister! 🙂