This Strawberry-Mint Iced Tea is refreshing and caffeine-free. The strawberries make it sweet enough on its own, but you can customize the sweetness to your liking.
Strawberry-Mint Iced Tea is refreshing and the perfect summer cooler. If you have mint growing in your garden, then you have a lot of mint! Such a beautiful and fragrant plant. I can still remember it in my grandmother’s garden when I was growing up. And big juicy, ripe strawberries go so perfectly with mint that I can’t believe I never thought of this combination before.
This recipe is sweet enough on its own, but you can customize the sweetness to your preference. And it’s caffeine free!
Strawberry-Mint Iced Tea
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced, divided (1 ½ cup and ½ cup)
- 20 whole fresh mint leaves, more or less to liking plus more for garnish
- 4 bags Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea
- Honey,agave or honey to your taste and liking, optional
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Add 1 ½ strawberries and mint. Simmer about 5 minutes until water turns light red.
- Add 4 tea bags and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let tea bag steep for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour tea through a sieve into a large bowl. Discard strawberries, mint leaves and tea bags.
- Let come to room temperature then refrigerate until serving.
- Sweeten to individual taste, if desired.
- Garnish with remaining strawberries and additional mint leaves.
Recipe adapted from O, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook.