Don’t let the easy preparation fool you. Sun-Dried Tomato and Feta Cucumber Wheels come together in just a few minutes but the flavor is intense. Fresh basil leaves, garlic and feta top it off with a complex combination.
These sun-dried tomato and feta cucumber wheels are refreshing and bold. Serve them for an appetizer or even as a side dish to chicken or fish. The sun-dried tomatoes are robust with the smoky garlic and peppery basil. And isn’t feta just the perfect finish to any bite? Vegan option is equally delicious without the cheese. This is a beautiful, colorful addition to the appetizer table too.
I’ve served this with my Cucumber Slices with Herbed Cream Cheese and they make a great combination and pretty presentation. Plus, no oven to heat up and they’re ready in no time!
The recipe calls for an English cucumber, but use regular cucumbers if you like. The English cucumbers have less seeds and are longer, so if using a regular cucumber, buy two.
Make these up to an hour ahead of serving, but no more than that.
Tomato and Feta Cucumber Wheels
- 1 large English cucumber
- ⅔ cup good quality sun-dried tomato spread
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles, plain or herbed
- Make lines or indentations lengthwise down 1 cucumber at ¼-inch intervals, using vegetable peeler or tines of fork. Cut cucumber into ½ inch slices. Place slices on paper towel to absorb most of the moisture from the cucumbers.
- Place ⅔ cup sun-dried tomato spread in a small bowl. Add 2 minced garlics and black pepper to taste.
- Using a teaspoon, spread each cucumber slice with sun-dried tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle basil leaves and feta on top, as desired.
- Refrigerate up to 1 hour or serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Amy Likes To Cook.
These lil’ guys are so lovely. Easy to make, tastes yummy and impressive to look at. I always sprinkle Dill Weed on the top of mine.
donna s says
This is so quick, easy and DELICIOUS!! I highly reccommend it, very refreshing sidedish!
Sally Humeniuk says
Hi Donna, I’m glad you liked it. They are so flavorful for something so simple, aren’t they?
brittany hardy says
This is my standby for potlucks. It is always one of the first things gobbled up and is so easy to make.
Whitney m says
My husband and I ate almost the whole plate of them! Made some more and took to family gathering and everyone went nuts over them. Thanks for sharing Sally!
sabrina harrison says
Very tasty! I made these for a party and everyone loved them. I sprinkled a little dill on the top to make them look a little fancier. Since the party, I’ve made them a couple times just for my family because they liked them so much
Love this easy recipe!! Looks fancy, but is simple!!