These sun-dried tomato and feta cucumber wheels are refreshing and bold. Serve them for an appetizer or even as a side dish to chicken or fish. The sun-dried tomatoes are robust with the smoky garlic and peppery basil. And isn’t feta just the perfect finish to any bite? Vegan option is equally delicious without the cheese. This is a beautiful, colorful addition to the appetizer table too.
I’ve served this with my Cucumber Slices with Herbed Cream Cheese and they make a great combination and pretty presentation. Plus, no oven to heat up and they’re ready in no time!
The recipe calls for an English cucumber, but use regular cucumbers if you like. The English cucumbers have less seeds and are longer, so if using a regular cucumber, buy two.
Make these up to an hour ahead of serving, but no more than that.
Tomato and Feta Cucumber Wheels
- 1 large English cucumber
- 2/3 cup good quality sun-dried tomato spread
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles plain or herbed
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves diced
- Make lines or indentations lengthwise down cucumber at 1/4-inch intervals, using vegetable peeler or tines of fork. Cut cucumber into 1/2 inch slices. Place slices on paper towel to absorb most of the moisture from the cucumbers.
- Place sun-dried tomato spread in a small bowl. Add garlic and black pepper, to taste.
- Using a teaspoon, spread each cucumber slice with sun-dried tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle basil leaves and feta on top, as desired.
- Refrigerate up to 1 hour or serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Amy Likes To Cook.