Oregano oil (known as chimichurri) is unusual and fresh and an easy substitute for pesto. Perfect for the summer herb season coming soon. Change up the herbs and use basil in place of the oregano if you like. Use in soups and as a great dipping sauce for bread. Perfect vegan salad dressing option. Delicious on steak! This recipe was used as an add-in for my Rustic Tomato Soup recipe.
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh curly parsley, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place oregano, parsley, garlic and salt in bowl of a food processor with metal blade attachment. Begin to pulse, slowly adding olive oil. Continue to process until desired consistency.
- Use in soups, over salads and as a dipping sauce for breads.