This cranberry and orange sauce comes together in less than 20 minutes. You practically just toss it together and it tastes like a fresh, spicy preserve. Perfect for turkey, chicken or just to eat off the spoon!
This is a quick cranberry sauce that comes together in less than 20 minutes. Fresh cranberries simmer in an orange juice reduction with a bit of sugar and cinnamon for a tart yet sweet sauce. Too simple and too perfect. The cranberries pop in the saucepan as they break down quickly to a thick, chunky sauce. I had to share it and you have just enough time to make it!
Last Minute Cranberry Sauce
- 4 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Zest from one orange, plus all the juice from that orange
- ½ cup sugar
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks, May substitute with a dash of cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature or cool and refrigerate.
- Remove the cinnamon stick before serving.
- Makes 2 cups
Recipe from Tyler Florence, one of my favorite Food Network chefs!