These Asian lettuce wraps are great for a quick weeknight meal you will love and you don’t really have to measure anything. Just add more or less of your favorite vegetables! I’ve listed specific ingredient quantities in the printable just to show you what I did but add, omit or increase whatever you want! The recipe is purely vegan as written but change out the soy crumbles (which my husband thought was ground beef) for ground beef or chicken if you prefer. This recipe made enough for 4 people to have two wraps. Next time, I will increase the quantities because we all wanted more! Also, I used butter lettuce but it is a bit tender and did break apart somewhat. We didn’t care, though. Serve extra sauces on the side for more pouring.
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 6-7 grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 7-8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cubed
- Handful soy bean sprouts
- 1 package Boca soy crumbles
- 1 Tablespoon Grape-seed or oil of your choice to coat pan
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of Sriracha. tabasco or red chili sauce (optional)
- One head iceberg or butter lettuce, leaves separated, cleaned and dried
- Brown potatoes in a non-stick pan on medium heat for about 5 minutes, cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5-7 minutes more.
- Stir in carrots, soy crumbles and cook about 3 more minutes.
- Mix in rest of vegetables. Sprinkle mixture with some sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Continue to sauté until all veggies reach desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter; mound veggies in the center and eat like a taco.
Adapted from Holy Bites.