Lemon curd is a little cup of fresh, tart and sweet flavor. Quickly finished and set in less than 10 minutes, unlike some other recipes I’ve tried that need 4 hours to set up.
You could whisk a batch together to have on hand in your refrigerator for scones, biscuits or homemade lemon bars… or a beautiful Blitz Torte!
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice from 4 or 5 lemons
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, eggs, and butter. Cook over medium-low heat until thick enough to hold marks from whisk, and first bubble appears on surface, about 7-9 minutes.
- If desired, strain the curd into a medium bowl to remove any little particles of egg that might have clumped up during cooking, or if you want your curd ultra-smooth.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming and refrigerate to thicken further and to chill if desired. It is fabulous warm!
- Store leftovers in air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.Makes 1 2/3 cups.
Recipe from All Recipes.