So you have your main dish almost ready to go, you want asparagus but not hum-drum ” I just steamed and buttered it last time” or “I made asparagus wrapped in phyllo dough awhile back and don’t have time for that one” (plus, do you really always have phyllo dough in the freezer?). Well, hum-drum no more because this roasted asparagus with Dijon lemon sauce is quick, yummy and impressive. Plus you probably have everything you need in the fridge or pantry right now.
This dish makes a fancy side in no time! The combination of lemon and Dijon brightens up the flavor and the garlic that gets roasted with the asparagus adds a nutty, earthy finish.
- 2 pounds asparagus spears trimmed
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley. optional
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine asparagus, 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and garlic in a large bowl, tossing well to coat. Arrange asparagus mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil, lemon zest, juice, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Arrange asparagus on a platter; drizzle juice mixture over asparagus. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Adapted from Cooking Light.