These sweet heat roasted chicken wings use spices you probably already have on-hand. Add the robust spices to maple syrup and brown sugar and the flavor is perfectly bold. They are addicting so make enough!
Wings are great for any impromptu get-together, or a well thought out appetizer-centered party. We even have them for our main course at dinner once in a while, we like them so much. I’m very picky about my chicken wings. I buy them fresh from the meat counter- Okay, I don’t know if this way is fresher than the packaged wings and I bet they are, but I also love saying “I’ll take all the wings you have there.” What can be better than when the seasonings are simple, and the resulting flavor is bold without overpowering the juicy meat on the bone? Well, here you have it.
This is a great, easy recipe. Basically trim the wings, mix the sauce , dump on the baking dish. Done! Oh, and clean-up is a breeze! The recipe for these sweet heat roasted chicken wings adds complex flavors so the result is wings that can be eaten plain, or dipped in your favorite wing-dipping sauce. The sweet part makes the sauce caramelize to a nice crust. And as you can see, I like my crust really crunchy. You can adjust cooking times for your preferred crunch level. Also, most of the ingredients are probably already in your spice pantry.
Make a lot because you’re going to love them.
Sweet Heat Roasted Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Trim excess skin from 2 pounds wings, optional.
- Then in a large bowl, combine 1 Tablespoon olive oil, ¼ cup syrup, 3 teaspoons brown sugar, 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder, 2 ½ teaspoons garlic powder, 2 ½ teaspoons chili powder, 2 ½ teaspoons paprika, 1 teaspoon cayenne, 1 teaspoon both salt and pepper.
- Add wings and toss until fully coated.
- Place the wings onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, turning once with metal tongs half way through cooking.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce of just as they are!
Recipe adapted from Damndelicious.
harper cooks says
Another great recipe from GDM! Added to my list of favorite wings. These were a big hit with the kids.
maci h says
REALLY tasty! The flavors pair really well together and loved the maple sugar touch. I will definitely make these again.
katie b says
These wings turned out great! My husband and I are doing the keto diet so we eat wings once a week. I’m making them again for our family party!
Leslee Lewis says
Cant WAIT to try this one, chicken wings are Jud’s favorite