Sweet Mustard Chicken is delicious and easy using pure maple syrup, spicy brown mustard and just a hint of red wine vinegar. Just pour over the chicken and bake!
Some of the best recipes seem to come from the simplest ingredients and easy preparations. This Sweet Mustard Chicken is one of the best baked chicken recipes and super easy. Put together quickly, using spicy brown mustard, pure maple syrup and a hint of red wine vinegar, these flavors compliment but don’t overpower each other.
I served it with my Cauliflower Gratin recipe and a nice tossed salad. It would also complement any rice or quinoa side dish. Sprinkle with fresh Rosemary before serving to add that rich savory flavor perfect for chicken.
I doubled this recipe recently and had a couple of breasts left over which were amazing the following day as a chicken salad. Also, if you are making it with rice, I suggest doubling the sauce ingredients before baking.
Sweet Mustard Chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 9 x 13 pan.
- In small bowl, whisk together ¾ cup mustard, ¼ cup maple syrup, 2 Tablespoons brown sugar and 1 Tablespoon plus, 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar.
- Arrange 4 chicken in baking dish, leaving space between pieces.
- Liberally salt and pepper each chicken breast.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken, making sure to coat all chicken pieces with some of the sauce.
- Bake 15 minutes, then open oven and with a ladle, gather some of the sauce from the pan and pour on chicken again.
- Reduce heat to 400 degrees and cook 15 minute more until sauce is bubbly and golden brown and chicken registers 165 degrees F internal temperature.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh Rosemary, if desired.
- This can be prepared in a crock pot. Cooking time is 3-4 hours on low.
Recipe adapted from Rachel Schultz.