This is a quick cranberry sauce that comes together in less than 20 minutes. Fresh cranberries simmer in an orange juice reduction with a bit of sugar and cinnamon for a tart yet sweet sauce. Too simple and too perfect. The cranberries pop in the saucepan as they break down quickly to a thick, chunky sauce. I had to share it and you have just enough time to make it!
- 4 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Zest from one orange plus all the juice from that orange
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks (May substitute with a dash of cinnamon)
- Put all the ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature or cool and refrigerate.
- Remove the cinnamon stick before serving.
- Makes 2 cups