Baked Kale Chips are perfect for that crunchy “chip” craving. This is a basic recipe, but my family requests it so often that I have to share it with you. They are delicious with very little effort on your part. Plus, this is quick way to incorporate greens into the meal. Those of you who might want to omit fat, don’t do it here. The nutty, light oil enhances the flavor of your chips. My youngest starts in on these the second I place them on the plate. They are usually gone before I can get them to the table. Delicious and nutritious, isn’t kale the answer to everything? No, that would be chocolate. But enjoy these anyway.
Baked Kale Chips
- 1 head organic kale washed and thoroughly dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the ribs from the kale and tear into pieces approximately 3 inches in size. They shrink up a bit.
- Place kale in a bowl and sprinkle with the olive oil. Gently, with clean hands, massage the oil onto the kale for good coverage.
- Arrange in single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake until crisp, about 15 minutes. The pieces that kind of brown will be the tastiest of all!