Mediterranean Shrimp Dinner is one of the best one-pan meals I’ve had in a long time. Buttery-roasted Yukon potatoes are super creamy and cook quickly. Fennel bulbs have a signature sweet, licorice but mild flavor that’s the perfect compliment to the briny shrimp. Add feta cheese, garlic-y shallots, and Kalamata olives?
Well, it only gets better- Seasoned with oregano, lemon zest, fresh parsley and just the perfect amount of olive oil to help crisp up the veggies and meld all the Mediterranean flavors. I promise you’re going to love this recipe.
Let’s talk about this recipe’s most important ingredient. Perfectly cooked shrimp. Since shrimp cooks so quickly, it easily goes from amazing and tender to rubber-ruined. But look how easy it is to get this right…
Layer the veggies and olives on the baking sheet tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and big cloves of garlic. In less than 30 minutes, the potatoes are perfectly tender, plus the oven-roasting adds a bit of char to the edges of the potatoes, fennel and shallots.
Last but super quick, the shrimp is tossed with oil, oregano, and lemon zest. Then layer it on top. Toss on a nice helping of feta and place the pan back in the oven for just a few minutes more, until the shrimp is pink, about six minutes. You seriously cannot get this wrong. Okay, if you overcook the shrimp it’s going to be VERY wrong. Which is why quickly oven-baked shrimp is tender, flavorful, perfect, shrimp. The oregano and lemon zest add such yumminess to the shrimp, they don’t need any sear or charring for great flavor.
Beautiful and easy, just serve it in the pan with lemon wedges on the side. Mediterranean Shrimp Dinner doesn’t need a lot of accompaniments either. A quick salad of sliced cucumbers and tomatoes tossed in oil and balsamic vinegar. A perfect weeknight meal, but this one is company-worthy as well. Give this a try, you’re family’s going to want it again and again!
Mediterranean Shrimp Dinner - One Pan Recipe
- 4 to 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced ½ inch thick
- 2 fennel bulbs, stalks discarded, bulbs halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges through stem end
- 2 large shallots, top and bottom cut off, sliced lengthwise into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and cut in half
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 pounds large or jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined (if desired), and tails removed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus lemon wedges for serving
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (½ cup)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 450F degrees. Toss 4-5 sliced potatoes, 2 cut fennel, 2 sliced shallots, 2 garlic,½ cup kalamata olives, 2 Tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Spread vegetables in single layer on rimmed baking sheet and roast until just tender, about 25 minutes.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Toss 1-2 pounds shrimp, 2 teaspoons oregano, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, remaining 1 Tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper together in bowl.
- Scatter shrimp and 4 ounces feta over top of roasted veggies and olives. Return to oven and roast until shrimp are cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons parsley over top and drizzle extra oil.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted from Cook’s Country Magazine.