Pull Apart Cheesy Pizza Bread is the perfect party, game-day treat. Make it with extra meat, or leave out the meat altogether for a vegetable version. Made quickly using either canned refrigerator biscuits or pizza dough, just make sure to buy good quality dough or biscuits.
Here’s a sure hit for your next party that not only satisfies a pizza craving, but it’s super impressive looking and fun to eat. Pull Apart Cheesy Pizza Bread is shown here with mini pepperonis, but you can switch out or add Italian sausage, black olives, green peppers… you get the idea, pizza stuff.
This fun bundt bread is best served right out of the oven, while the cheese is still stringy. For the bread, use refrigerated pizza crust. Trader Joe’s brand is fabulous with no hydrogenated anything. Cut up the dough into 2-inch pieces, mix all your pizza topping ingredients in with the dough and bake for under 30 minutes.
Super cheesy-flavorful. Golden and toasty… isn’t the crust the best part?
Serve the Pull Apart Cheesy Pizza Bread with your favorite pizza or marinara sauce, or ranch or just eat it straight.
The flavor of this recipe is reminiscent of my Hot Pizza Dip, and the cheesy-gooey bread is similar to my Incredible Cheese Bombs. Both of those recipes are amazing and super popular around here, but what I love about Pull Apart Cheesy Pizza Bread is, it’s just dump and bake… and done.
When it comes to adding your pizza ingredients you can certainly get creative. Just don’t add anything too “wet”, like fresh tomatoes. I highly recommend you don’t skip any of the herbs listed here, including the healthy dose of granulated garlic (garlic powder). You want intense flavor throughout the bread. I’ve made it with fresh garlic and it doesn’t add enough punch to the bread as the dried version. This is not only tasty, it’s a beauty that’s sure to become a regular for teen sleepovers (a bunch of girls learning to cook will have instant success with this), sports parties and even for breakfast (bacon!). Enjoy.
Cook’s note: Here is a make-ahead option for you. You can bake this the day (or hours) prior and then after it cools, wrap it in aluminum foil. Just before serving, reheat the Pull Apart Cheezy Pizza Bread in a 300F degree oven for about 10 minutes. The bread will not pull apart with this option, but will require slicing (see below). This is my preferred way of eating the bread because it’s even more moist and the flavors have all married well together.
Pull Apart Cheesy Pizza Bread
- 2 cans pizza crust, or 2 cans refrigerator biscuits
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 cups mozzeralla, shredded (a mixture of mozzeralla and cheddar also works well)
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel seeds, smashed
- Mini pepperonis, a handful to your liking
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce or ranch dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Set aside a dark bundt pan, do not grease.
- Cut 2 cans pizza crust into strips and then again into 2" cubes. If using refrigerator biscuits, cut 2 cans biscuits into fourths. Place into large bowl.
- Add ⅓ cup oil, 3 cups mozzarella 2 Tablespoons parsley, 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning, ½ cup basil, 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon fennel seed, handful mini pepperonis, and 1 cup Parmesan. Using your hands, mix well so the olive oil is covering the individual pieces of dough well.
- Place into bundt pan. Do not press down, but fill evenly around the pan.
- Bake on middle rack for 25-28 minutes until the top is golden. Some of the oil will be bubbly toward the end. You can drain this as you remove the pan from the oven, otherwise, it'll absorb into the bread.
- Let bread sit 5 minutes, flip onto serving tray. Sprinkle with extra basil and Parmesan, if desired. Serve with your favorite pizza sauce or other sauce for dipping.
Recipe slightly adapted from Babble. Seasonings increased for wow of flavor and healthy dough options offered.