Red Quinoa and fresh berries combined with cinnamon toasted nuts and coconut milk for this warm and nutty quinoa breakfast. Simple and quick to put together.
I don’t think I need to comment on this picture. What else could I say so you’ll want to make this warm and nutty quinoa breakfast RIGHT NOW?
I’ll just say these few words more. Red quinoa. Coconut milk. Cinnamon toasted nuts. Berries. Delicious… Your new breakfast favorite. Promise.
This recipe is inspired by a breakfast I had recently in Moab, Utah at a restaurant called The Love Muffin. Decrease the amount of nuts and adjust your choice of milk if you’re worried about calories or fat. But remember, the fat content in this recipe is from healthy sources.
Cook’s note: I regularly add chia seeds and flax to this dish. And if you’re in a hurry, skip toasting the nuts, but don’t forget to still add cinnamon.
Warm and Nutty Quinoa Breakfast
- Agave nectar or honey
- Coconut cream to pour on top
- In medium sauce pan, bring ½ cup quinoa and 1 cup water to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until water evaporates, approximately 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast ¼ cup almonds and ¼ cup walnuts in small dry sauté pan until nice and golden but not burnt. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Combine quinoa, nuts and ½-1 cup berries in breakfast bowls. If desired, drizzle with Agave or honey. (If using coconut milk, you do may not want any sweetener. The coconut milk makes it plenty sweet enough.)
- Pour coconut cream over the mixture and enjoy!