Buffalo chicken wings are one of my favorite snacks. I love to find different ways to crisp up some tender wings (secret here-Trim off as much of the skin as you can). So, I’m not here to say you should never eat chicken wings again. But this is a genius way to satisfy that hot Buffalo wing flavor while not sacrificing your waist line. This is also a nice vegetarian option to offer at your Super Bowl Party in a couple of weeks. (Omit the butter and it’s a vegan option.)
Whatever the occasion, reason or no reason. Seriously, these would even make a killer side dish to your main meal.
Ready in less than 30 minutes. Toss everything in a bag and then bake. There you go. Done. Except I must insist one thing. Use Frank’s Buffalo Style Hot Sauce for the recipe. It will make all the Buffalo Wing difference!
Update: I am surprised to report that one of my followers said she made these with broccoli and they were “amazing”. See her method in the comments section.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (Use coconut oil for vegan option)
- ½ to *3/4 cup Frank's Buffalo Wing Style hot sauce or other hot wing sauce of choice
- Other: 1 gallon or larger size plastic bag
- *I probably use about ⅔ cup of hot sauce and they have just enough heat.
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Place cauliflower florets into plastic bag. Drizzle olive oil over florets to barely coat.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper. Close bag and toss ingredients around so all florets are coated.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet or baking pan and bake on middle rack for 15 minutes, turning florets once during baking. Check them at the 10 minute mark for desired tenderness. You don't want them to be soggy!
- Remove florets from oven. Melt butter in medium glass bowl. Add hot sauce to butter. Toss cauliflower and stir to cover all florets with hot sauce. Start with about half the sauce and add more to your taste.
- Return to oven and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with any dip you like, ranch dressing or Blue Cheese dip.
Adapted from Gal On A Mission.