These Mango Lassi Popsicles are elegant, kid-friendly and refreshing all at the same time. Mangoes pureed with Greek yogurt, cardamom and ginger? This is such an interesting combination that I had to try them. But I wanted to make them super good-for-you at the same time. I modified a few mango popsicle recipes until I had the right explosion of flavor while keeping them healthy at the same time. The resulting frozen treat is just right. Everyone in my family loved them and I’ll bet your family will too! This recipe should prompt some of you to buy a popsicle mold right now! But if you can’t wait that long, make these in small plastic cups to enjoy now! Also worth noting – If time allows, these are even better the second day. The ginger mellows out a bit and the pistachios soften into the popsicles for a yummy salty-sweet combination for your last bites.
- 1½ cup good quality, thick plain Greek yogurt
- 2½ cups ripe mangos, peeled and chopped (about 3 mangos)
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ cup chopped pistachios, optional
- In blender or food processor, puree all ingredients except pistachios until nearly smooth.
- Pour into 10 popsicle molds or small plastic cups.
- Chill for 1 hour. Then pour pistachios, if desired, over popsicles, insert popsicle sticks and chill an additional 3 hours before serving.
- Cook's note: These taste even better the second day, so if you can stand to wait, make them a day ahead of serving. After 24 hours, the ginger mellows out a little and the pistachios soften.
Recipe adapted from Shutterbean and Spicy Perspective.