These Mango Lassi Popsicles are elegant, yet kid-friendly. Creamy, yet refreshing. Mangoes pureed with Greek yogurt, cardamom and ginger, this is such an interesting combination, you have to try them. A good-for-you, Mediteranean treat perfect on a hot day or anytime you want a refreshing dessert that’s just sweet enough, thanks to just a touch of honey in the popsicles.
This recipe should prompt some of you to buy a popsicle mold right now, but if you can’t wait that long, make them in small plastic or paper cups to enjoy now. Also worth noting – If time allows, these are even better the second day. The ginger mellows out a bit and the pistachios soften into the popsicles for a yummy salty-sweet combination for your last bites. Also delicious with extra pistachios mixed throughout the popsicles. Super colorful and delicious, you can’t go wrong with these beauties.
- 1½ cup good quality, thick plain Greek yogurt
- 2½ cups ripe mangos, peeled and chopped (about 3 mangos)
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ cup chopped pistachios, optional
- In blender or food processor, puree all ingredients except pistachios until nearly smooth.
- Pour into 10 popsicle molds or small plastic cups.
- Chill for 1 hour. Then pour pistachios, if desired, over popsicles, insert popsicle sticks and chill an additional 3 hours before serving.
- Cook's note: These taste even better the second day, so if you can stand to wait, make them a day ahead of serving. After 24 hours, the ginger mellows out a little and the pistachios soften.